Monday, October 03, 2005

Thinking about buying a new car, want to compare fuel economy and specs

If you are thinking about buying a new car and are concerned about fuel economy make sure you check out sites like http://autos.msn.com/. This site allows you to compare up to 3 cars side by side. You can see the estimated MPG, the interior room, features, etc. After about 5 minutes on this site when you go to the dealer you will probably know more about the car then the sales person.

Instructions for using the site.

  1. Goto http://autos.msn.com/
  2. Click on the new cars link
  3. Click on compare
  4. Click choose vehicles to compare
  5. Select the cars that you want to compare.
  6. Make sure you click on the more details tab, it allows you to get the entire specs on the car.


For example, I want to switch from driving an SUV to a 4 door sedan. I have been doing a lot of shopping around. The car that I was interested in was the Mazda6. It is made in Michigan and supports the local economy. However, my neighbor suggested that I look at the Chevy Malibu Maxx. I am interested in rear leg room for the kids and in 2 minutes on MSN I figured out that the Maxx has 4 inches more rear leg room. One draw back that I see it that the mileage of the Maxx is 1 MPG less than the Mazda6.

No comments: